JSC «PSZ «Yantar» strives to use all its accumulated experience to increase the level of competitiveness of Russian shipbuilding products in the domestic and global markets. The Shipyard has all the necessary resources for this:
- The Yard has its own non-freezing water area, along which is located the outfitting quay of 1,460 meters length and and a depth of 8 meters. The length of the Kaliningrad ship – canal for finished vessel removing from the water area of the Yard is 50 km and its width allows to arrange movement of vessels with maximum dimensions as 200 meters long and 35 meters wide.
- The area of the production base of «Yantar» enterprise - 83 hectares (land owned and long-term lease).
- The area of covered slipways and halls – more than 600,000 м².
- Outfitting resources of the enterprise include two slipway complexes, exactly «Yantar» and «Burevestnik». The «Yantar» slipway complex allows building ships and vessels with a launching weight of up to 10,000 tons, with a maximum length of about 150 meters, and a width of up to 26 meters. It has two slipway threads, each 216 meters long.
- The«Burevestnik» slipway complex provides construction of vessels with a launching weight of up to 2,000 tons and consists of 2 slipway threads with a length of about 150 meters and a width of up to 15.4 meters.
- The volume of metal processing is up to 12,000 tons per year.
- The capacity for assembling sections and metal structures is up to 15,000 tons per year.
- Two floating docks: lifting capacity 12,000 tons (150 х 29 m) and 6000 tons (131 х 22,5 m).
- The quay is being served by the floating crane with maximum lifting capacity 100 tons. Rearrangement of ships is usually carried out by tugs with power 1200 kW – 2 pcs.
- The quays with a length of 2100 meters are equipped with cranes with a capacity of 10 and 20 tons in the amount of 8 units.
- Shipyard «Yantar» has at its disposal a Base for conducting of Sea- and State trials at Baltyisk town, Kaliningrad region, 50 km from the shipyard.
The area of the production base, infrastructure of the enterprise, provision of workshops with the necessary equipment makes it possible to build and deliver vessels and ships for various purposes with a launching weight of up to 10,000 tons with a displacement of up to 12,000 tons. The unique climatic conditions of the ice-free area of the Baltic sea, ensuring whole year navigation, allows transportation of vessels to customers at any season.
Production facilities enable construction, modernization and repair of Navy ships and commercial vessels, manufacturing of metal structures of general purpose, engineering products for the other branches of industry.